Dawgclan Network

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 20, 2017, 12:48:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Dawgclan Network New Forum

HomeHome HelpHelp SearchSearch LoginLogin RegisterRegister
+  Dawgclan Network
|-+  News
| |-+  Network News
| | |-+  Status Update (03/10/2010)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Status Update (03/10/2010)  (Read 6944 times)
« on: October 03, 2010, 04:28:45 pm »
Offline Rothgar
Administrator

View Profile
Just a status update on what is happening over here.

We are working slowly on a new website which will hopefully have a bit of a face-lift from the current in some ways neglected version. I started working on the old one but I do not have the graphical skills to finish it and so it was kind of left broken and incomplete.

In this new website we are hopefully going to look at making this "Mobile" friendly while we are in the process so people can hopefully tune in using their mobile devices across a few of the more major Mobile OS's such as Android, iPhone, Windows Mobile etc.

On another front I am in the process of hopefully getting the redundant server I mentioned a number of months back which is going to fix the occasional outages that people run into. As mentioned at the moment due to some hardware failures the music was moved onto my main PC which freezes up from time to time. Moving this onto a Dedicated Server is going to make things much better.

So there's the status update for now, hopefully will have more news soon.

** UPDATE **

Also I have just changed the radio back to our old topology, we were running a SHOUTcast trans-coding Hub recently and after a report from one of our users we believe the Trans-coder may be causing slight connectivity issues or buffer issues on the streams.

So we have gone back to streaming 3 individual feeds (One per bit-rate) and will need to re-think our overall Hub picture again at a later time. The idea was that with the Hub we could have live DJ's fairly easily and it would decrease bandwidth utilization to the main server, we might re-visit it soon but it currently seems very unsupported so may be some time.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 05:02:18 pm by Rothgar » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: